Saturday, August 28, 2010

Travel Inn: No Vacancy

I traded McDonald's and their free wireless for Joe Patti's Seafood Market which according to Yelp is the best spot in Pensacola for fresh seafood. Welp, Yelp didn't tell me they'd be closed at 7PM on a Friday...

Sam's Seafood across the street was not closed, however, and had a sign that boasted "best grouper sandwich in town." I'll tell you what, that was the best grouper sandwich I have ever had in Pensacola, FL.

After that I thought it would be nice to go to a cheap motel, lay on a bed and watch TV.

Nope.

Consuela Garmin led the way to Travel Inn. Sounds safe enough right?

I went in and slid my $32 (20, 5, 4 x 1's, 7 quarters, 7 dimes, 9 nickels, 10 pennies) through the bullet-proof glass.

On the way to my room, across the street and around back to a parking lot walled in on three sides, I met five of the locals... Four of them asked if I was partyin' tonight: weed, coke or boys/girls? With one insisting that I was ripped off and should have stayed in his room. Would have only cost me $10.

Photobucket
Notice the duct tape over HBO

If I could just get to my room and lock my door, I'd be safe. Right?

Wrong.

My room did not have a lock. The dead bolt was missing. The latch was broken and the lock on the door knob did not latch.

Needless to say, I got the hell out of there.

When I told the sad looking man that I would not be staying and asked for my money back, he asked why. I told him my door did not lock. Not satisfied with my response, he asked if there were a lot of people out there, with a knowing look.

I nodded and he slid my money back.

On the way back to my car the first man I met came back up to me:

Hey man, you find your room?

Hey man, where you going?

Hey man, like weed?

Hey man, you gonna sleep in my room?

Hey man, gotta couple bucks, I can get a bowl of noodles.

After I was in my car, a woman with no teeth or clothes came up to me:

Hey man, come here.

Hey man, I need to talk to you.
NO YOU DON'T

Hey man, wanna f*ck?

Hey man, come back here!

F*ck you man!

I sped off to the nearest Walmart Bed 'n Breakfast, parked and listened to the rain soak Lucy through the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment